Monday, December 31, 2007

Reflections and Reverberations

It's time to look ahead. It's time to look back. It's time.

Nobody knows what 2008 has in store. Will it be different? Will it bring all the bads to an end in your life? Would it make this life a little bit more lively, if not filled with celebrations day in and out. I don't know.

The calenders are turned in and people look at months ahead and make tentative plans. Some people keep them. Most forget and get busy with mundane schedules of life in which this new year's celebration adds nothing but hope. Is it all in vain? I am not sure.

So, should I be celebrating still when all these questions remain unanswered? I thought I had a good appetite for them. I am contemplating now on things. I am nobody.

As I deliberate more, I fall into these loops and I can see that I get swamped into the fake patterns which life shows. The more I try to understand them, the more it intrigues me. Sadness and Happiness over long terms share common proportions. But can I amortize them over any period of my life? I have no answers.

So, how does it matter if it is 2008? This time next year, I may be sipping margaritas somewhere or will be drinking my sorrows away. But both of them would have started well before the new year giving it no due significance. Do we need a new year to drink? Aha! No, Not at all.

2008, 2008, 2008 ...... Reverberating everywhere. Hope it goes on for sometime for the people who dreamed to see this day. Let them have their share of joy. And then, lets get back to where we started. The mundane circles of life awaits our presence.

If you really want to remember it, do something new. Even if it is a small thing not worth of any significance, do it for yourself - probably it may turn out to be a reason for you to remember new years. If not that, perhaps your life may not remain mundane after all. Little works of pleasure build an empire of happiness.

No comments:

SiteMeter