Saturday, January 26, 2008

Potpourri

We are always living in times when things are happening - even when they seem to be still and quiet. In case you are like me - you must know this, that you are missing out the celebration somewhere.

In the winter break I watched so many movies that I stopped watching any more this semester. With that I meant I stopped watching movies on television. I watched Halla Bol recently - but would not recommend as a must watch. The theme lacked a force - may be few strong dialogs from the main actor Ajay Devgan. And yes, before that I watched Juno. Nice movie - simple story : good watch. And I always knew the guys in SuperBad would be seen in many more to come.

And then there is Australian Open. All sorts of thing happening this year around. Tsonga beats Nadal as if Nadal was the one who was unseeded. The volleys and techniques just stunned Nadal who tamely lost the game. The courts are said to be slower than US Open, but still Tsonga repeatedly surprised Nadal by coming to the center of the court and taking control of the game rather than letting Nadal to continue his baseline ralleys.

And then the historic upset - I would say this because I respect Roger. When he says he has created a "Monster", we have no idea how high peoples' imaginations soar for him. I watched his game against Blake - James was no match. He was a spectator to almost most of Federer's returns. People often say that this man is 26 and still the fastest around. But....

Someday all this has to end. If not this grand slam, still signs have started coming in. And I hope the best for him to make that 14 as soon as possible. Djokovic was not very good - but he played really sensibly. My analysis (whatever sane my mind could think) is that Roger dig his own grave by making more unforced errors than that is allowed in a grand slam final and come on - its not allowed to him either, he is Roger Federer. Novak never failed trying and the moment he got the opportunity to break games, he took his chances. It was a great game to watch and to see the legend bow down. I am making him a legend - coz I know he is sure to be one pretty soon.

Next comes Fe-male matches. Sadly I watched the finals. My observations were that ladies should not have two serves given to them because 99% times they tend to make mistakes in the first serve. Hardly you see 2-3 aces in the entire match. Anyways, as reported in the news, it must have been a photographers' frenzy to watch Tennis's 2 hottest and best players fight each other - Serbian Ana Ivanovic vs Russian Maria Sharapova. Who then cares what happened to match? Haha, just for the records - Maria won it in straight sets. But I cheered for Ana and I know Maria ain't last long.

What else - I had and have my classes going in full SWING. Unfortunately, rather than going out and playing it, I am in my blanket caught napping for past a month now. Thats {bs}ad.

Next few weeks are going to be interesting. I am hoping that I get some Internship Calls pretty soon - now that its time to convert and secure something for the summer. So, thats in a whole a short diary of what happening these days. And being a lazy bum - I did not celebrate republic day ? Why, because by the time I recollected it was THE day the time in the clock was 6:30 pm. India was already past the day :).

Adios.

No comments:

SiteMeter