Monday, November 5, 2007

A thousand thoughts

Codes, thoughts, ideas - those have been the diet on which I survived for so long. And yes, for some time now, the burritos.

So to start with - choosing the name for this blog took me some time. I must confess that it took more than two hours. Well, whats in a name? But sometimes a lot of factors external to you affect you more than you thought they would. And that is exactly what I mean. I was supposed to name it Fork(ing)Threads. But searching for definitions could bring in more clarity to the first word. So, a better vocabulary could have helped. Still, one should always check before letting it out! And I checked it because I am not a novice if not an expert :)

So here we are again - back where we started (Train - Free).

I started writing this blog because when I get my hands full, I just drop everything blindly and tend to do something which is not at all related. Its a distraction for a good cause. Being a master's student, you will have your To-Do lists all filled up and popping in at every glance you take. Deluge of mails reminding of the pending assignments and projects which lack clarity and need substantial effort than they were intended for. Whatever happened to Proof of Concepts, it is very much alive and takes precedence over modeling solutions when it comes to deadlines. Hours of efforts flow in. Who said going back to school was cool?

But thats what we are here for. To apply what we have learned. And to re-learn again, what we use to apply, in a new way. To find better ways to the mistakes we have been doing. To take a break from the mundane codes which had become our only friend. To simplify our thoughts, our designs and the way we visualize. To bring us back when we are long lost in the forest.

So whats next? I want to write on some of the tools which I recently picked up and have been using since. Valgrind, Doxygen and Rational Rose would figure out in next couple of blogs along with other potpourri of rants on life, thoughts and revelations.

3 comments:

Pritesh Jain said...

Dude,
We not-so-techie people will have to grep for something interesting [read gossips] at this place. So it's better that you maintain another small [or big] blog of your daily life.

:)

Harish said...

good start...
Do maintain blogs of ur other side of life too..
i have become lazy to update my blog :(

Unknown said...

[prits] yep .. sure will do that. Lots of things to write about apart from technical know-hows : if only it could add some value.

[harish] hey thanks dude.. which other side of life are you talking about? If i take a guess, is it about the "Motivation Factor"? :)

SiteMeter