Saturday, December 26, 2009

Aal is Well

I wanted to put an exclamation mark at the end of this title. But thats so cliched now-a-days. So much so that it is appearing as a strict no-no in many recent design articles. But as "woh kah gaye" ... bad habits kambakhath die hard. Now, blogger is giving me hard time with the spell checker.

What prompted me to write this post? Well, its pretty much obvious from the title that I must have just watched the movie. Yes, I did. Not without a struggle though. I had gone to the cinemas twice returning without watching the film as it was sold out. The turn out is good especially during Christmas. Not that the movie is too good, just that here the Indians stay pretty away from family and there is nothing much to do during holidays. To spoil it further, its raining heavily today.

The movie is excellent. I have not read the book "Five point someone". That must be an eye-opener for quite a few youngsters. If not, please help them. Coz, sincerely speaking I needed some and there was no-one. Those few who were there could not convince me much and "Here I Am" - just a cliched one from Bryan Adams.

So. We Indians deliberate a lot on that word. I mean its so wrong to make such a strong pause there. But we do the mistake and we repeat it a thousand times. It has never been a complete sentence. Still, we use it like it speaks of everything we want to say next. Whats the moral of the story?

Its not that you want to be the next waangdu. You might have already passed that stage. If not, good luck - hope you get to one without that surname. The real one is to believe that life starts at the age when you kick start it. Not when when you are still getting pushed in the blinding crowd. I don't want to elaborate on this now. In 3 words, "Never say Never".

My expectations of the movie were slightly lowered thanks to movie reviews on web and my roomies who did not appreciate the second half. I think the movie was excellent. Though some jokes were too predictable for any engineering college student, nonetheless we can still laugh at our past. I just wished it could have been more hilarious.

So as aal is well, I am going to microwave the paneel butter masala and daal from nearby "Raaz" restuarant (I donno why they keep such names). Enjoy your time.

Just when I was going to hit the publish button, I could not stop smiling that I had completely forgot to mention the virus which created so much trouble for us. I mean if someone can match that template of bhrastbudhhi, it can be khodu (1st prize please). Applause. Applause.

No comments:

SiteMeter