Monday, January 11, 2010

No bells or whistles to start the Year 2010

There is not much happening these days. College Football is over. NFL is almost about to be done. I hope one of them - NY Jets, Vikings or Colts win (I root in that order). There's Lakers vs Knicks on 22nd which I have tickets for and then Russel Peters on 29th. But these are fillers.

Did I sign up for this not-so-interesting life? I think so. I mean I am just being a lazy ass here trying to put on some weight. I planned to do the following and did nothing:
1. Learn Ice Skating
2. Learn some version of Electronica (guitar, casio something)
3. Learn Badminton or Racquetball
4. Learn to F******* drive.

So, this weekend I am going to resume badminton for sure (hope the Manhattan Club reopens). I am going to find out whats the scoop on Ice Skating. This new year my wallet is just getting emptied on anything and everything. I have to shell out more for my new apartment (> $1100 man). Man! who says you can save in America. To top that, my favorite channel now-a-days on television is HGTV in HD. God damn it! I would love to buy property the way they show in there. At least, I will save something on rent. But again, the fifth thing which is missing in the above list is "Learn to Save money" which I don't think I will ever learn. Hence, there is no point in putting it there.

Past couple of days went like whirlwind and work has taken priority again. I have been listening to a lot of stuff out here Coke Studio. It got some good tracks.

Out of no-where: If I have to name 3 movies last year which you gotta kidding me if you haven't watched, they are (in no particular order)
1. District 9
2. Avatar
3. Hurt Locker

I did manage to watch a lot of movies last year and believe me I have watched 80% of these.

Last, I wish I could go home sometime this year. With every passing day, I think I keep forgetting my roots. Its about time I pay a visit to my Matrubhumi.


No comments:

SiteMeter