Sunday, January 31, 2010

What an end to the Week it Was

What a weekend it was .....

There was the Russell Peter's Green Card tour in New York City. Watching the show was worth every penny. After an hour, I was tired of laughing. My jaws hurt and the mouth was dry. It was hilarious and grose. If you know that there is a tour going to be in your city - You have to watch it. And do not, remember do not, get the first row seats. You are digging your grave. But then, somebody has to get those seats. So, good luck!

Ishqiya - the movie had a great preview but I did not know anything else about it. Nor had I heard the soundtrack. What a surprise. I have couple of friends from M.P. and U.P. Believe me the language used in the movie portrays the hindi dialect used by people of bhopal and gorakhpur. Some of my good friends are from there and I could literally hear them speak. The movie is awesome if you are well versed with the local colloquial terms used to describe adultery. And then there are punch line gags from Arshad Warsi. I was told that this movie was not directed by Vishal Bharadwaj - but it had all the essence and I found it a blend between Omkara and Kaminey. The story might not be 5/5 but everything else is. This is a great start to 2010 from the perspective of hindi movies. I hope you go watch it.

I am finding myself getting busy & tired every week with just about a lot of work pouring in. I am not sure how I am going to handle all this. But, I have to find something out. This weekend was a real stress buster.

Next week the Grand Dad of All Entertainment - The Super Bowl. Go Colts!!

No comments:

SiteMeter